Library & Media Center
Join us in the library during lunch
We are happy to offer Library Services during your lunch period! You can check out books, work on classwork, play quiet games or, of course READ!
Remember, you are invited to come hang out after you finish eating in the Commons.
If you choose to come to the Library during lunchtime, please adhere to the following expectations:
- A library pass is required to enter the library during lunch time as space is limited
- Keep noise-level to a respectful, inside volume (remember, your peers may be working or reading)
- Respect yourself, others, and school property
- Do not return to class until lunch is dismissed
We look forward to having you join us soon!
HAPPY HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH!
- A Woman In the House (and Senate) by Ilene Cooper
- History Smashers: Women's Right to Vote by Kate Messner
- Finish the Fight! by Veronica Chambers
- Standing Up Against Hate by Mary Cronk Farrell
- 10 Queens: Portraits of Women of Power by Milton Meltzer
- The Brontë Sisters: The Brief Lives of Charlotte, Emily and Anne by Catherine Reef
- Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World by Sy Montgomery
- I am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields
- Level the Playing Field by Kristin Rutherford
- A Whole New Ball Game: The Story of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League by Sue Macy
- Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom by Sue Macy
- Babe Conquers the World: The Legendary Life of Babe Didrikson Zaharias by Rich and Sandra Wallace
2021 Youth Media Award Winners Announced
The American Library Association (ALA) announced the winners of the 2021 Youth Media Awards, including the Newbery Medal, Caldecott Medal, Printz Award, and Coretta Scott King Awards, via a virtual broadcast this morning. Read all about the winners here.
The 2021 Newbery Medal goes to When You Trap a Tiger by Tae Keller available now in our library!
Welcome to our GMS Library Archives. On this page, you will find book chats and other material from years past.
A Whole New Ball Game: The Story of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League by Sue Macy
Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom by Sue Macy