Library & Media Center
join gms library and invitation bookshop
first-annual fall Joint book fair
November 7th - 13th, 2021
Two ways to participate:
visit gig harbor's locally-owned
Be sure to mention the GMS book fair at checkout!
Join us in the library during lunch
We are happy to offer Library Services during your lunch period. While eating in the Library is discouraged, you are invited to come hang out after you finish eating in the Commons.
During lunchtime, the main area of the Library can get a little bit noisy, so if you'd like to work on classwork or read quietly, there are workspaces available in the back section of the Library.
If you choose to come to the Library during lunchtime, please adhere to the following expectations:
- A library pass is required to enter the library during lunch time as space is limited
- Keep noise-level to a respectful, inside volume (remember, your peers may be working or reading)
- Respect yourself, others, and school property
- Do not return to class until lunch is dismissed
- You may go outside (weather permitting) if there are more than ten (10) minutes remaining in your lunch period, but please DO NOT RETURN TO CLASS until your lunch period is over
We look forward to having you join us soon!
HAPPY HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH!
- A Woman In the House (and Senate) by Ilene Cooper
- History Smashers: Women's Right to Vote by Kate Messner
- Finish the Fight! by Veronica Chambers
- Standing Up Against Hate by Mary Cronk Farrell
- 10 Queens: Portraits of Women of Power by Milton Meltzer
- The Brontë Sisters: The Brief Lives of Charlotte, Emily and Anne by Catherine Reef
- Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World by Sy Montgomery
- I am Scout: The Biography of Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields
- Level the Playing Field by Kristin Rutherford
- A Whole New Ball Game: The Story of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League by Sue Macy
- Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom by Sue Macy
- Babe Conquers the World: The Legendary Life of Babe Didrikson Zaharias by Rich and Sandra Wallace
WELCOME BACK ROADRUNNERS!
2021 Youth Media Award Winners Announced
The American Library Association (ALA) announced the winners of the 2021 Youth Media Awards, including the Newbery Medal, Caldecott Medal, Printz Award, and Coretta Scott King Awards, via a virtual broadcast this morning. Read all about the winners here.
The 2021 Newbery Medal goes to When You Trap a Tiger by Tae Keller available now in our library!
***DON'T FORGET STUDENT’S MUST BE LOGGED INTO THE FOLLOWING TWO LOCATIONS***
1. Locate the Zoom app (small blue square with white camera icon)
2. Open the app and ensure the box that appears contains the student’s name
3. LEAVE THIS APP OPEN AND RUNNING!
4. Proceed to Schoology to access teacher's Zoom link or Meeting ID/Password from teacher
***If the student’s name does not appear, follow directions below***
1. Choose "Sign in with SSO" option
2. Put in "psd401" for the company ID/domain
3. That should take you to our district login page. Login there with the same Student ID number and password that is used for MyPSDPortal
4. It should log you in and say "launch app" click that (or just close it and go back to the app). The app should now have your child's name or ID in the upper corner.
5. LEAVE THIS APP OPEN AND RUNNING!
6. Proceed to Schoology to access teacher's Zoom link or Meeting ID/Password from teacher
The Zoom web page (click "Zoom meetings" icon in MyPSDPortal)
1. Clicking on the icon will open a new browser page containing the web-based Zoom dashboard
2. In the top right corner there should be a small square with a photo or initials
3. Click on the square and a drop down will appear with the student’s name and edtools email address
*** If the Zoom window does not open, a PSD portal login will appear instead***
1. Log in with the student's edtools account (email@example.com) and password they use to log into their portal
2. Close window and proceed to Schoology to access teacher's Zoom link or the Meeting ID/Password provided by the teacher
Welcome to our GMS Library Archives. On this page, you will find material posted earlier
A Whole New Ball Game: The Story of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League by Sue Macy
Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom by Sue Macy