2014-2015 School Year Student Transfers
As we prepare for the re-districting of our elementary schools and make plans to accommodate the explosive growth taking place in Gig Harbor North, new out-of-district transfer requests will be impacted as follows:
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at grades K through 5
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at Harbor Ridge Middle School
Fillable transfer forms and school district transfer policies are available online at www.psd401.net at the Family scroll down menu under the Transfers tab. Completed forms must be returned to the District office via email, post, or drop-off, no later than April 30th. If you have questions, please call Roxann Tallman at 253-530-1007.
Smarter Balanced Assessment
Our school is one of many in the country participating in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Field Test this spring. Schools in 24 states will administer the online assessment to certain grades in mathematics and/or English language arts/literacy starting this March.
The information about this field test was sent home with your student on March 5. To learn more about it, please click on the link below:
Smarter Balanced Assessment Field Test
Secondary Supplemental Reading List 2014
This spring, middle and high school teachers and librarians from across the district collaborated to revise our Supplemental Reading List to supplement the new edition of the SpringBoard curriculum and Common Core State Standards.
The purposes of the project are:
- to support teachers, librarians, parents, and students in choosing high-quality, engaging novels at each grade level for independent reading, literature circles, and/or reading support.
- to deepen student understanding and application of themes and strategies in the curriculum.
- to support the Common Core State Standards requirements that students read more complex texts more frequently.
New Student Registration Process for 2014-15
If you are interested in registering your student at Goodman Middle School for the 2014-15 School Year, please call (253) 530-1605 so your child's name can be put on a list of "New Students".
If you leave a voice message, please state the information below clearly. A grade-appropriate registration form will be sent to you to be included with all the other paperwork you print out and submit. Please click on the link below to get started with the registration process.
- Student Name and Grade
- Parent/Guardian First and Last Name
- Current Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Previous School