8th Grade Celebration Events!
We are excited to celebrate our 8th grade students as they prepare to move on to high school!
Students will receive their packet of information and permission forms for upcoming events on May 22nd. The deadline for returning completed forms and payments is June 5. Payment may be made in person at Goodman or online via the "Bookkeeper/On-line Payments" link on our website. Extra copies of the forms may be downloaded here if needed:
Congratulations 8th Graders!
Important Dates for the PSD Community
- 5/25 – Memorial Day, No School
- 6/10 – Community Transition Program Graduation 4:00 PM, Chapel Hill
- 6/12 – Henderson Bay High School Graduation, 7:00 PM, Boys and Girls Club
- 6/14 – Peninsula High School Graduation, 12:00 PM, Tacoma Dome
- 6/14 – Gig Harbor High School Graduation, 3:00 PM, Tacoma Dome
- 6/18 – Last Day of School for Kindergarten Students
- 6/19 – Last Day of School
Dismissal Times as follows:
- 10:45 – High Schools (HBHS releases at 10:30 to accommodate shuttle buses to PHS and GHHS)
- 11:30 – Middle Schools
- 12:15 – Elementary Schools
Optional Algebra Readiness Preparation
The Algebra Readiness Preparation Packet for current Math 7 and Compacted Math 6/7 students can be found here. Math teachers will have access to the answer key for students who wish to practice with this material.
What's New with State Testing?
STATE TESTING CHANGES
New Learning Standards / New State Tests
Starting this school year, our state’s learning standards are now aligned to the Common Core State Standards in math and English language arts. New state standards mean new state tests. Washington, along with 23 other states, has a new state test aligned with the Common Core Standards. These next-generation assessments are called the Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA). They are designed to accurately measure student progress toward college-and career-readiness in English language arts and mathematics.